Friday, December 26, 2008

The Pet Section

Popcorn, Pippi Lumpkin and Barney
Well since Pippi and Barney will be 15 years old in a few weeks and William is on the scene, I thought I would start combining the pet write-ups. That way if one of ’em goes before next Christmas I won’t be so sad to write the reduced write-up.

I’ve noticed that I don’t have very many good pictures of the dogs this year. Apparently, at some point, I stopped bending over. I’m not sure if its because I was pregnant, had a new baby or am in my 40s. So, I have a lot of photographs of dog backs, tops of heads and bums.

I also have very few pictures of Popcorn. Doesn’t that always happen with the third child? Especially such a good dog. This year I forgot him outside so many times I lost count and even left him locked in the car once for several hours after I got home. I hope I don’t do the same thing with William. He is such a good baby!

Pippi’s Favourite Position

Barney’s Favourite Position

Pippi, aka “Miss Grey-Face” “Pooty Lumpkin” and “The Bladder of Steel” and Barney aka “Mr. PeeBody” LOVE having a baby in the house. Not only are babies warm (see next photo), but they produce diapers. (Remember the lamb nuggets “Glossett raisins for dogs” from the 90s?)
Pippi Lumpkin Get off Me

I told Joe I thought baby diapers smelled a bit like hot buttered popcorn. Joe agreed and says he’ll never be able to enjoy a movie the same again. Apparently, Pippi and Barney agree, too. (But not Popcorn, right? He would NEVER do something like that (see next photo) because he is such a good dog. Although sometimes I wonder how the bread gets off the counter and how those pawprints get on the table cloth. Hmm.)
Pippi and Barney adjust to the new baby.

No comments: